Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Fake Housewife

Following in the footsteps of many other notable housewives, I am reentering the workforce next month.  I know what you are thinking - Kelly is finally coming out with her Kelly Coutoure line or perhaps Kelly Koated Nights or pursuing that promising singing career.  Alas, no - although with enough auto-tune I could make a mean remix to "Don't be Tardy for the Party."  Rather, I am following in my girl Phaedra's footsteps and got a real job as an attorney at a small firm in Madison.  I am excited to be going back to work - was told recently that I probably should be going back to work when I mentioned how I get sad when Owen sleeps in because I have nothing to do (valid point). 

Also - how awesome is this apron?  My friend, Alyssa got it for me around Christmas time and I wore it for the first time this week.  Although it is amazing, I typically don't need an apron because my shirt is already covered in spit up and drool - so a little splash of sauce is no big deal.  However, I will certainly put it to good use in the coming years.

 We had a special visitor from Thailand last week - Uncle David.  David brought us a bunch of great gifts.  One of those gifts, he thought was a mediocre gift of a coozie (his thoughts, not mine - I like a good coozie).  Little did he know, Owen loves coozies.  After plastic cups, they may be his favorite toy.  He has two others in his toy box but his Thailand coozie seems to be the favorite now.  It was great seeing David and he got a ton of giggles out of Owen.

Two men and a baby.

Owen experienced his first boat ride this past weekend when we went to Lake Geneva.  As depicted above, he was captivated by the experience.

Things livened up a bit once he awoke and found Barret's pamphlet on Lake Geneva.

There were also some high schoolers on a date who took this cruise.  I find high schoolers in love to be extremely entertaining.  Barret was the creeper who took this picture.  They were cute, but in that awkward high school romance sort of way.

I had never been to Lake Geneva but I do love seeing ridiculous homes and Lake Geneva did not disappoint.  There were homes for sale for $15 million and those appeared to be on the smaller end of the estates we saw.  Lake Geneva was built as a summer getaway for extremely wealthy Chicagoans after the Chicago Fire.  It is crazy to me that someone can build such a lavish home and only use it one month out of the year.  It was a fun city to see though and I am glad to say that I have now seen the "Newport of the Midwest."














No comments:

Post a Comment