Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Half Birthday


 Owen's half birthday was actually a couple weeks ago - so I am a little behind.  I would like to say that I have been busy enjoying the weather or getting ready to go back to work, but that is not entirely true.  With the impending return to work, I have been using Owen's nap times to stay up to date on all of my shows.  I have amassed quite the collection of shows and am actually mildly embarrassed by my DVR.  I rediscovered Grey's Anatomy while pregnant and am not sure why I ever left it.  I am actually too embarrassed to DVR my 2 new favorite shows - Married to Medicine and Revenge but caught up on them via On Demand.  Revenge is filling the void that Desperate Housewives left behind and Married to Medicine makes me laugh - Quad should come out with her own book of sayings.  Anyway, that's a bit of what has been going on with me, but more important are the developments with Baby Owen.

We waited until Owen was six months old to start him on solid foods.  Avocado seems to be the in first food and we thought that sounded good, so avocado was his first time.  I think he ate some avocado - but mostly smeared it on his face.  I know that Murphy ate some avocado.

That bite of avocado really pushed Owen the edge - a few days later he was sitting up on his own and crawling around the house.  He is army crawling and it takes him a while to get anywhere, but it has opened up a new dimension of caring for baby.  It is especially fun when I am changing a poopy diaper and he wants to try out his new skill.  Owen can crawl pretty quickly if something intriguing catches his eye, namely my phone, remote control, or Murphy.  So far, Murphy has been very tolerant.  Owen loves to punch his paws and grab his tail. Murphy takes it or just walks away if he has had enough.  I like to call them the Gruesome Twosome and feel like they will be causing lots of trouble together in the near future.

One would think that sitting up and crawling would be enough to tide over a baby for a month.  But no, Owen decided it was time to cut a tooth.  Last week I discovered a bottom tooth had broken through and this week the second bottom tooth is through.  They are basically little daggers and are still a bit small to get a picture of.  His love of sucking on my chin just got a whole lot less cute.  I am also worried that I am going to have that kid that bites other kids.

I swear Owen might be part dog.  The kid loves socks, shoes, and Murphy's bones.  A sock will keep him occupied for a good 20 minutes - which is significantly longer than any other toy that he possesses.

Owen has been keeping us pretty busy this past month with all of his developments.  He better not be walking by the time I write my next blog post.




No comments:

Post a Comment