Thursday, December 20, 2012

December 20, 2012




 So - this happened this weekend.  We were basically white trash this past weekend.  On Friday we took Owen to the bar with us, which was actually not that bad because we were at Genna's for a friend's birthday celebration.  However, we then popped over to the Silver Dollar and it just seemed wrong to have a baby there - so we left there after about 10 minutes.

I do love this picture above though.  Owen's face is priceless.  And for those who are considering contacting Child Protective Services, it was a shot of Bailey's and we were sober - so no need for an investigation.
Pictured here are the lovely hostesses of the party and whose evil minds concocted shots for the new parents.  I learned that I will do pretty much anything a woman with 80s shoulder pads asks of me.  That outfit really brings ugly sweater parties to another level.  I love it.




I finally put my Booze Cakes recipe book to use this weekend.  I made pink champagne cake and think this will be making another appearance at New Years.


   
I love pictures of babies sitting on the couch together.  However, it will be a bit better when Owen is able to sit up on his own.  Not pictured:  Emilia getting fresh with Owen and grabbing the Santa on his butt.

Round 1 of Christmas is under our belts.  Barret's parents are en route to Thailand for Christmas so we celebrated with them this weekend.  Owen is going to be one spoiled little guy.


This is what happens when you stay home with a baby all day - you take awkward photos and wear polar bear pajama pants all day.  The hat is a gift from a friend and the stocking was knit by Barret's mom.


I took a little trip to Milwaukee this week - thankfully before Thundersnow began.  It was a good test run for our drive up to Minnesota - Owen slept the whole time in the car.  We stopped in to see my friend Sarah and Owen's friend Reed.  We believe they were playing together - I think that is just how babies play - lay next to each other and maybe swat at a thing or two.  Then we stopped at my old law firm to visit with co-workers.  I miss our reality tv and celebrity gossip times at work.  It was good to see everyone, but I certainly do not miss making that drive.


My beautiful little Owen has been super into punching and kicking lately.  Unfortunately, he does not have much in the way of coordination.  He is starting to get some use of his activity map now though.  He also likes to just sit and kick me in the stomach - I know that he likes it because he keeps doing it and smiles while assaulting me.  This newfound love of kicking has made changing his diaper more of a challenge.  As you may recall, the kid loves his changing pad.   So not surprisingly, he loves to sit on his changing pad and kick and punch like a maniac.

I had to take this little butterball to the doctor this week and discovered he is weighing in at 12 lbs 9 oz.  The nurse needed a urine sample from Owen.  If you are wondering how they collect urine from a baby - they basically tape a plastic bag around him to collect it - seemed to work.  It reminded me of when we needed to get a urine sample from Murphy about 2 months ago - that was a job for Barret.

No comments:

Post a Comment