Wednesday, January 16, 2013

First Swims and Family Awkwardness




















This past week I took Owen swimming for the first time at a public pool with some fellow moms.  Owen liked the water a lot and it was a great time.  Other than the time in the locker room - Owen needed to nurse so we took care of that - which led to him soiling his speedo.  Thankfully, that speedo is tight enough and held the goods in.  However, while I was rinsing his speedo off, I apparently took too long and Owen decided to pee all over himself and the locker room.  I had thought we moved past that stage but was clearly wrong.

The public pool was followed by a weekend at the waterpark at the Dells.




The waterpark was pretty crowded and the pool was cold, but Owen was into the wave pool.  It doesn't really show in this picture, but he liked to have his feet hit by the waves - big smiles when they hit him.  Speaking of his little feet... they are not so little.  He is still fitting into his 3 month clothes but his toes are curled up in 3 month pajamas - big foot.  This trip was also a good reminder to me of how trashy the Dells are.  I always make fun of the Packer games for being an ugly/fat convention but the same can be said about the Dells.  Especially when you are there on a Packer game day.  Nevertheless, it was a fun little getaway and made me feel better about my baby weight.

 So he looks pretty gigantic in this picture - might be time for Baby CrossFit.  Until then, tummy time will have to do.














I love staying home with Owen, but it is January and sometimes it gets a little dull.  Thankfully, I have a baby and a dog to use for my own amusement.  I have found that I will make up random songs, my favorites being "Who's got a wet diaper" and "Why are you so angry, baby."  Which I feel like these are pretty normal things to do.  Perhaps slightly less normal are chasing Murphy with Owen in the flying baby position - a daily activity for us.  This works well because it gets Murphy some action, but now when I carry Owen down the stairs Murphy runs/growls at him.  Both Barret and I also like to dance Owen in front of the mirror in the bathroom - this guy loves looking at his own reflection.

Then there is what I am sure many families do - create awkward family photos.  I have been holding this photo in my pocket for a while, but figured it was time to share it.





I am super behind on posting (I blame Owen and his growth spurt that we are currently undergoing) but I feel like I would be remiss to not comment on the conclusion of Real Housewives of Miami.  I was surprisingly pleased by this season, but I think they should cut Ana next year.  I wanted to like her because she is an attorney, but she was pretty boring throughout the season and then turned into a super bitch at the reunion.  They should also get rid of Karent - primarily because her name is Karent and I just want to call her Karen.  I get that she is Colombian, but this doesn't even sound like a Hispanic name.  I do, however, love the addition of Lisa.  I feel like I should hate her because she is like 80 pounds and married to a plastic surgeon who is 15 years her senior, but I just cannot. It is sad hearing her talk about her problems with miscarriage and I hope she comes back next season preggers (and fat).  It's hard to be too upset with Miami concluding though, because Beverly Hills and Atlanta are currently airing.  I do not know what I would do without Bravo.


No comments:

Post a Comment