Wednesday, January 30, 2013

3 Months Old


 It is hard to believe that Owen is already 3 months old in age and 6 months old in clothing.  2 weeks ago he was fitting snugly in 3 month clothing, then we tested out the 3-6 month last week and that worked, then this week he is fitting into his 6 month.  I tried to throw him in some 3 month pajamas the other night (just to see) and it was a fat guy in little pj's moment.  It is crazy that 3 months ago this little peanut had no control over his neck and could hardly see.  Now he is looking all over the place and smiling at the world.  He is also grabbing at everything and putting it into his mouth. 

During the past three months, Barret and I have also learned a few things.

 We have learned how to properly put on a diaper - but still have some bloopers.  This picture is from the past weekend and I primarily blame the disposable diaper for this blowout (have not had such issues when using cloth, but had to pop him in a disposable because diapers were still wet).  We have also learned that babies love to poop and pee while getting their diapers changed, and this fact does not change at 3 months.  Second, clipping fingernails is a dangerous endeavor.  I had heard horror stories and refused to do it, so I would just peel his nails to get them trimmed.  This is an imperfect system and Barret was sick of getting scratched so decided to use the dreaded clippers.  This resulted in a shocking amount of blood, 30 minutes of tears, and Barret asking if we needed to take Owen to the ER.  I will stick with my method. We have obviously learned a ton more than this along the way, but those are the ones freshest in mind.  Thankfully Owen will have no memory of our many mishaps.
I have gone full granola this past month and started taking Owen to yoga.  There was a groupon for Blackbird Family Yoga, so figured we could check it out - and it is great.  I was surprised to be slightly sore the next morning, especially because the second half consisted primarily of singing and dancing with your babies.  It was a good time though and good way to get out of the house during this dreadful winter.
 In furthering my attempt to not go too stir crazy this winter, I hosted a ladies who brunch this week.  It was great that so many ladies and babies were able to come over and hang out.  It was also surprising how many  toys we can amass between the five kiddos.  I felt a little bad for Owen, since he is the youngest and only one that cannot even sit up on his own, but then felt better for myself when seeing the other moms having to constantly chase after their kids (sorry Tricia).  Things get a lot more real once they get mobile.  I was somewhat sad when Owen was able to roll from his stomach to his back and thinking that I should no longer leave him on the couch (which I know  you shouldn't do to begin with but am pretty sure everyone has done it).  Oh and Murphy, as usual, always seemed to be there and gave each child a mom at least 20 licks.



Owen is an extremely smiley baby, so every now and then I like to throw in a serious face - just so people know that he has a serious side.

For Ellison (my friend who has a subscription to Cat Fancy) - here is Owen making friends with a cat.  I am not a cat lady, but I do love Freddy (the cat) and so did Owen.  He is going to grow up to really love animals or really hate them.

I have been on a bit of a hiatus and am super behind on trashy tv commentary, but for some reason, Teen Mom 2 just keeps sucking me in.  Leah got engaged and found out she was pregnant on the last episode.  She is actually one of the moms that I think is ok, but I am sorry, if you still have braces you should not be getting married for the second time and pregnant with your third child.  At least wait until you get those braces off!  In other news, it looks like Chelsea may get her GED this year - lets hope she passed that math test.


No comments:

Post a Comment